[kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML

John Murphy murphyjj at bigpond.net.au
Wed Aug 4 09:10:25 BST 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 04:48:13 pm Frank Thieme wrote:
> I really hate this kind of attitude, getting things for free (both ways),
> ranting about not supported features that are realized in all other programs.
>
> So I say: do it yourself, pay someone for doing it, wait for it to be done or
> simply switch to any of the other programs.
Well, I'm sorry you hate that attitude - I don't hate anybody, but I do distrust purist / elitist attitudes such as no-HTML-in-mail.
Everywhere I see elitism it causes trouble - after all, it always aims for exclusion of some kind.
I would like to see HTML fully functional in KMail because I like it for lots of other reasons and I would like to see it succeed in the greater marketplace and KDE with it.
KMail is fast, reliable, elegant and is under constant development and integration - what more could you ask for except full HTML functionality.
As I've said elsewhere, I don't actually use HTML - but I'd prefer it were there for those that do, and those that have to have it working.
Crying shame that it has to be abandoned for inferior clients because it doesn't fit with the greater environment (see last post from Anoop).
Regards,
johnM