[kdepim-users] New computer

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Fri Aug 13 23:22:43 BST 2010

http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips#Transfer_mail

s_to_another_computer_.28or_another_user_account_on_the_same_ma

> > > To include the akaonadi stuff add to that list everything under
> > > ~/.local/share/
> >
> > ... and everything under ~/.config/akonadi/.
>
> ... and
>
> ~/.kde/share/config/nepomukserverrc
>
> and everything under
>
> ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/
>
> (KAddressBook stores contact groups in Nepomuk.)
Are you sure of this, my contacts are all stored under
.local/share?contacts except for two mailing list addresses that are
under the above. Maybe this explains why I'm having trouble with groups
(distribution Lists ) I create in KMail.

Steps I use to create list:
   select (in Kmail) New Message --> Select (To:) add names to message
   after I have all the receiptants slected I click Save List. It askes
for list name, then asks where to save  it (what address book folder to
store distrubition list in).

This all works good. Problems begin when you need to make a correction.
No way I found in Kmail to correct other than create a new list or going
into Contacts and correcting its corrected under contact but on a blank
entry appears in Kmail list, if that.

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, if Kmail or Contacts has abug or if
its just distribution list app is not completed??

Worked under KDE 4.3.5 OK but that did it differently.

openSUSE 11.3
KDE 4.5.0. also were this way under 4.4.4 and 4.4.5.

--
upscope