[kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Aug 4 04:17:34 BST 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:49:25 +1000
John Murphy <murphyjj at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 09:55:03 am Thomas Taylor wrote:
> >  Yes, you have the choice to send infected "html" messages to your friends
> > and associates.  Make sure you leave me off your list.  I don'r want any of
> > your JUNK messages.
> Oh, this is great.
> So, if you received a HTML message from your employer / best friend /
> mother / prospective employer / bank manager you would of course classify it
> as spam / JUNK, delete it unread and (somehow) send an email like that above.
> Good luck with life my friend.
>
> Regards,
> johnM

No, I would ensure it was translated to "plain text" so I was not passing along
possible infected messages.  As pointed out, there are other ways to do
highlighting, etc.  Why do you want to infect your friends, mothers, employer,
or others computers?  HTML is a known cyber attack vector, to disregard that,
especially if your message receipents use windows, is to disregard their
expectation of not receiving a trojan/virus from you.

Tom