[kdepim-users] New computer

Orion orion2000za at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 11:23:21 BST 2010

I get the feeling I opened a can of worms - but at the same time
happened to start what I believe is an important discussion.

Dear Ingo - please do not think we are hammering you, you are one person
to be relied on to give accurate and informative replies.

Having said that, clearly this is an area where the developers can
improve, clean up and put reliable information so that users can easily
find it. And what better opportunity than the coming migration of KMail
to v 2.0 using Akonadi? This seems like THE time to create a
backup/migration solution that can be used from the GUI inside KMail.

Just my thoughts, I have been informed of what I need to try and do when
I migrate this time. But, to quote another thread some time ago, "it
should not have to be this difficult".

Regards
Sinclair