[kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Aug 9 18:38:41 BST 2010

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Monday 09 August 2010 at 9:37 am, Duffields penned
about "Re: [kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML"

> Well if you are serious about this, I will also contribute but
> another $50.00 will still not get very far.

Hi Mac,

I'm serious.  :)  Thank you!

Per Richard, I sent out a note to `opensuse-kde' [1] to see how much
interest is out in the community.  As you rightly point out, the
handful of us isn't sufficient to fund the development.  However, if
slightly less than 50% of those who voted for the enhancement were to
chip in under 14 USD, we'd be able to fund 16,000 USD.  That's 50 USD
per hour x 8 weeks @ 40 hours per week.  Not buckets of dollars but I
think enough to generate interest.

Perhaps the end result will be a big fat zero:  we want it free but
don't ever wish to pay for it.  :)

As Richard rightly notes, if the proposed model works, perhaps there's
a way to fund future OSS development.

Cheers,
-pablo

Reference
=========
[1] - http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kde/2010-08/msg00053.html
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)