[kdepim-users] Addresses disappear!

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 22 12:25:21 BST 2010

A couple of days ago I went through my akonadi addressbook resource and
separated out a large number of contacts into sub-folders.  Today I found that
the main folder had just one entry.  The sub-folders appeared to be fine, but
when I selected a Group entry, the addresses flashed up, then disappeared.
Editing says that the contacts do not exist.

I then copied all the addresses from std.vcf into the main folder, and got 26
messages from Birthdays & Anniversaries - AkonadiTray, saying

Unknown error. (Collection with the same name exists already)

What has gone wrong?  And what can/should I do about it?

Anne