[kdepim-users] Korganizer log: intermittent dataloss, core features not working

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Apr 26 20:07:57 BST 2010

On Monday 26 April 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 26 April 2010 10:56:20 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Today I had _another_ dataloss bug with Korganizer: it seems that I
> > changed an recurring appointment some weeks ago: I added a note
> > text to one entry. Now, I discover that all prior instances are
> > gone! I have had lots of intermittent and difficult to reproduce
> > Korganizer dataloss bugs. Is there a log that can record exactly
> > what happens, as these bugs are hard to reproduce? I cannot
> > continue to use Korganizer in this state, but I am interested in
> > helping find and fix the issues if possible.
>
> It has always been advised that you do not change a recurring
> appointment, but end the exising one and start a new one.

Hmm, I have never heard of such an advice. If this is true, then
recurring events cannot be used seriously with KOrganizer. Single
instances of most of my recurring events change quite regularly.

Maybe the problem is that KOrganizer automatically starts a new
recurring event and removes the older ones?