[kdepim-users] Cannot select S/MIME signing certificate

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:55:22 BST 2010

On Friday 16 April 2010 10:42:21 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Friday 16 April 2010 10:35:05 Darknight wrote:

> > > BTW: Kleopatra says the certificate is valid but in the selection
> > > dialog in KMail there's a red X to the left of the ID.
> >
> > I think this should happen only of the certificate has been revoked. My
> > old certificates do have a red X in their icon.
>
> I would think so too but this certificate is valid until Nov. 28. 2011.

Just tried to sign a file from Kleopatra using said certificate which failed
because it is not trusted. Also I could see that it is not amongst my Trusted
Certificates in Kleopatra - could that be the reason for the red X?
I imported the certificate using "gpgsm --import Thomas_Olsen.pkcs12". Should I
have done something else?

PS: I flunked from en/decryption when studying computer science ;-)

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen