[kdepim-users] 4.4.2 "open in address book" missing?

Ferdinand Gassauer gassauer at kde.org
Tue Apr 27 12:30:39 BST 2010

Am Dienstag 27 April 2010 12:06:42 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Monday 26 April 2010 09:03:20 pm Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:

> > > I don't think that this is correct. In KDE 3.5 the context menu always
> > > had the two entries "add to address book" and "open in address book".
> > > The latter also added the address to the address book, but additionally
> > > it opened the corresponding contact in address book.
> > >
> > > This was probably removed for the time being until KMail is ported to
> > > Akonadi.
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Ingo
> >
> > IMHO it was already working once before upgrade to 4.4.2 or 4.4.x
> > I definitely had open in address book for existing addresses
> > but currently I have problems to configure the correct address book
> >
> > Now the address book is configured, but I can add the same address
> > multiple times and "Open in address book" does not show up
>
> Just wondering - have you set a default addressbook?
> http://userbase.kde.org/KAddressBook_4.4
yes

> Anne
with mysql I get
[akonadiserver] Character set 'utf8' is not a compiled character set and is
not specified
so I changed to postgresql

Driver=QPSQL
SizeThreshold=4096
ExternalPayload=false

[QPSQL]
Name=akonadi
User=akonadi
Password=akonadi
Options=
StartServer=false # (or false seems not to matter)
Host=

and finaly get
[/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder] Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
[/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder]
"/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder(17267)" Error in thread
140439958574928 : "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name
org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service
files"

[akonadiserver] Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QPSQL"

trying to add a contact

[/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder]
"/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder(10500)" Error in thread
140528075888464 : "Unsupported operation (2)": "Invalid model"

thanks for help
--
cu
Ferdinand