[kdepim-users] reindexing folders every time???

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 18:11:32 BST 2010

It appears that KMail/KDEPIM is re-indexing / rethreading a folder every
time I enter that folder. This makes it impossible to go to the next
message or reply (using keyboard shortcut) until it's done and if the
folder contains several thousand messages (I'm a pack-rat for email) it can
take awhile. Is this expected behavior or is there something wrong? Is
there a way to tell it not to re-thread/re-index every time I enter or
leave a local folder?