[kdepim-users] Korganizer log: intermittent dataloss, core features not working

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Apr 27 13:50:37 BST 2010

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 01:06:37 pm Art Alexion wrote:
> On Monday 26 April 2010 15:07:57 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Monday 26 April 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > It has always been advised that you do not change a recurring
> > > appointment, but end the exising one and start a new one.
> >
> > Hmm, I have never heard of such an advice. If this is true, then
> > recurring events cannot be used seriously with KOrganizer. Single
> > instances of most of my recurring events change quite regularly.
> >
> > Maybe the problem is that KOrganizer automatically starts a new
> > recurring event and removes the older ones?
>
> If that is the case, perhaps it could be changed to end rather than remove
> the earlier ones?

That's exactly what I do when a change to a recurring entry time is needed.  I
set an end date and start a new one.  I've never had any data loss.

I'm not sure how the data loss previously mentioned could have happened.  It
hasn't happened to me in the 8 years or so I've been running korganizer, and I
run as up-to-date as possible.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group