[kdepim-users] Cannot select S/MIME signing certificate

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 14:06:37 BST 2010

On Saturday 17 April 2010 14:08:01 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 16 April 2010 19:23:55 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> >
> > The certificate is no OpenPGP key but an S/MIME certificate.
>
> It seems to display the same way in KMail.  Is there any setting that shows
> the difference?

In the header it shows up as a application/pkcs7-signature attachment. I don't
think there are anyway KMail will show it in the GUI.

> Also, how do you manually import such a certificate?

I received a pkcs12 certificate (whatever that is) and imported it like this:

gpgsm --import certificate.pkcs12

You should be able to do it in Kleopatra but it didn't recognize the file type;
maybe it just expected a p12 extension - dunno.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen