[kdepim-users] Kontact- Mail send end up in INBOX - Vol 70, Issue 14

Frans Leerink f.leerink at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 21 21:50:19 BST 2009

On Monday September 21 2009 12:00:57 kdepim-users-request at kde.org wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 17:44:45 +0200
> From: Frank Thieme <frank at fthieme.net>
> Subject: Re: [kdepim-users] Kontact- Mail send end up in INBOX
> To: kdepim-users at kde.org
>
> On Sunday 20 September 2009 14:55:08 Frans Leerink wrote:
> > Currently I am confronted with the behavior that mail that is send
> > shows up in the Inbox of Kontact/Kmail via the Outbox.
>
> What do you mean with "shows up in the Inbox via the Outbox"?
>
> Bye...Frank

Hello Frank, Anne, Ingo and others,
message, send the message and see it moving into the outbox and moving
out of the outbox, but it does not move into the send mail box. The
message is actually sent since the addressee received the message.  We
noticed however that the sent message showed up immediately  in the
inbox  after it moved out of the outbox.

The suggested configuration parameters have the values as suggested, but
the problem still exist.

I have created a new KDE user and set up the the mail identity and
accounts and created and send a message, It worked as expected
correctly, the send message ended up in the sent-mail box  and was also
received by the addressee.
Luckily my wife is a programmer and she compared the configuration
parameters for the old and the new user. First she compared the
sent-mail parameters but no relevant difference was found. Finally she
found a real difference in the inbox parameters.
Setting the the old user inbox parameter the same as the new user inbox
parameter solved the problem but unfortunately no clue what caused the
difference of the inbox parameter.

--
Regards / Groeten,

		Frans