[kdepim-users] kontact multiple calendar with groupdav and egroupware

Jasper Aorangi jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 08:15:36 BST 2009

Jasper Aorangi wrote:

> Having multiple groupdav calendars for different users in egroupware does
> not work when setup normally...
>  BUT
> I have found a workaround: By including the username and password in the
> url and not using the username and password field in the groupdav setup,
> hence nor any kwallet stuff... I can have multiple egroupware calendars.
> all good, no duplication!

 Unfortunatley this behaviour has ceased, and regardless of the user/pass in
either the url or user/pass boxes, a user/pass dialogue appears on reload
etc. (Only tested with Addressbook and Calndar)
 This works fine if I can figure out which account is being checked, and
manually put in the user/pass (very laborious) without remebering password.
 As soon as remembering password is ticked kwallet takes over, and only
seems capable of handling one user/pass per url regardless (i.e multiple
user/passes for http://blah/egroupware/groupdav.php).
 Deleting the user/pass from kwallet restores operation, provided user/pass
is entered manually everytime.

Help!
 Can kwallet be disabled so the user/pass in either url (i.e
http://user:pass@blah/groupdav.php/) or  supplied user/pass box are
honoured?
 Is there some other work around.

For now one account works perfectly (well almost)

cheers.

Jasper