[kdepim-users] POP filters in Kmail

Gary C Curtin gary.curtin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:31:13 BST 2009

On Saturday 26 September 2009 11:47:35 Stan Goodman wrote:
> I have set a POP filter in my Kmail (v 1.9.10, under KDE v3.5.10) to catch
> mail from two especially annoying sources of spam that I want to keep out
> of even the trash folder: "Any mail From <contains given address> -->
> Delete from server".
>
> This doesn't work, and mail from those addresses are still being deposited
> in the trash folder (courtesy of another, non-POP, filter).
>
> Do POP filters work, or is this a feature that has not been fully
> implemented? If this should work, why doesn't it? what am I doing wrong?

I had a similar problem, but managed to solve it. In my case it depended on
the order in which the filters are listed. If, for example, your "delete from
server" filter is below the "spam filter", the message will be moved to spam
folder and no other filters will be applied. So move your "delete from server"
filter up above the "spam filter".