[kdepim-users] Problem with INBOX

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Sep 25 14:20:32 BST 2009

On Friday 25 September 2009 13:01:57 you wrote:
> On fredag 25 september 2009 13:02:30 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > One user has a problem with INBOX (on a local IMAP server).  All
> > subfolders work fine.  I have removed index files, but the problem
> > persists.  The error message says
> >
> > Error while querying the server status.  Unable to open folder INBOX.
> > The server replied: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more
> > information.
> >
> > There's nothing in /var/log/maillog.  Which log should I be reading?
>
> Three short questions:
> 1. What OS?

Mandriva Linux 2009.1 but also on the server, CentOS 5.

> 2. Which IMAP-server

Dovecot

> 3. Which syslog-server?

Not sure what you mean here, but I was checking logs on the box with dovecot.

> Usually courier, cyrus or dovecot for IMAP. I use courier and there it is
> courierlogger that handles the logs. Courierlogger logs to syslog. My
>  syslog is syslog-ng and the options is normally in
>  /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf. I've got:

Mail movement is being logged correctly in /var/log/maillog.  And all the
subfolders can be read - only INBOX itself is affected, and only for that one
user.

> destination mail { file("/var/log/mail"); };
>
> So for me it's /var/log/mail. But it is also up to what OS you're using to
> define where the syslog should go.

This is making no sense to me.  If it were the mail setup I'd expect all his
folders to be affected.  There's nothing different, as far as I can see, from
his setup under earlier Mandriva, or indeed from mine in Fedora.  I'm stumped!

Anne