[kdepim-users] What is the status of KPilot?

George Bourozikas george at bourozikas.net
Thu Sep 17 16:44:57 BST 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009 09:41:47 am Andre Bischof wrote:
> George Bourozikas schrieb:
>
> >> That seemed to work.  Except even though I had set all conflict
> >> resolutions to "Ask the user" I never got asked anything.  It just seems
> >> to have created a lot of duplicate entries on the palm - but no
> >> duplicates in kontact.  I'm now going through trying to work out which
> >> of the duplicates are the palm only entries to delete.
> >
> > My experience as well.  I don't bother with past duplicate entries.  For
> > future entries, I modify all the entries on the Palm side (adding a
> > serial number) and see which one syncs.  I then delete the rest.

> Hi George,
>
> you mean you do that after every sync? Are you kidding? ;-)

This happens about once a month

> I find it unbelievable that there's no working sync possibility with linux.
>
> Cheers
> Frisco

If it didn't work at all, that would be one thing.  The problem is that it
works well enough to keep at it but it is very frustrating.

If Evolution is an option for you, its sync works flawlessly.  My problem with
Evolution was Evolution itself, not the syncing.  In particular there are
several annoyances in the Mail module, the Calendar is not customizable, the
Contacts module does not allow for contacts who are not human, etc.  On the
positive side, memos sync well.

--george