[kdepim-users] Knode (KDE4) timeout

Chris Maaskant gch at quicknet.nl
Tue Sep 15 21:37:11 BST 2009

Hi all, this is my first post to the list.

I've got a problem with knode on KDE4.
If i read posts from a group on a server that requires authentication and i
wait for about 35 seconds knode disconnects, i believe, from the server.
Then if i want to reply to a post or read another post knode make a connection
again and it asks for my password because of a server timeout.
Eventough i told it to remember my password and it is stored in kwallet.

This has happend from KDE4.1 to the latest version.

I even tried once to not use kwallet, but that didn't make any difference.
Knode on KDE3.x never had this problem nor did pan (gnome).

I'm using opensuse 11.1 wich will ditch KDE3 in the next release.
Now i often use knode's KDE3 version, but i like the intergration of knode in
kontact and don't want to use pan in the next release of opensuse.

Any advise on what to do?

Thanks.