[kdepim-users] What is the status of KPilot?

Andre Bischof a.bischof at gmx.net
Wed Sep 16 18:26:06 BST 2009

djmills at netspace.net.au schrieb:
> Hi George,
>
> which version of kpilot do you have?  I've got 4.3.1-156.2 and haven't managed to have any success.
>
> Do you use cable or bluetooth.  What device settings/setup did you use?

I would like to get in at that point. I use kontact, kpilot and an Palm
Treo 680 (and I'm offered a used Iphone for nothing, so maybe the device
will change in the near future).

I use a bluetooth cable, which was difficult to set up for me (udev
rules), but now it works.

Syncing is not painless, sometimes I have doubled contacts (seems to
depend on categories, german umlaute - sometimes I get messages like
"calendar conduit could not be synced". Conflicts are difficult to
solve, as it is sometimes difficult to see what the content of the
conflict is.

I tried multisyncgui and the msynctools, which is not without problems
either.

It seems to matter in which order the sync is done - first start kpilot,
then the sync-button on the mobile device.

George, could you describe or point me to some howto on how to realise
the sync between google and the mobile device?

I would appreciate any help on how to get syncing via kpilot without
problems.

I use 4:4.3.1-2 with Debian testing/unstable (kpilot, kontact).

Cheers
Frisco