[kdepim-users] Clicking on new mail causes Index problem

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Sat Oct 17 12:41:51 BST 2009

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Saturday 17 October 2009 at 3:05 am, Anne Wilson penned
about "Re: [kdepim-users] Clicking on new mail causes Index problem"

> On Friday 16 October 2009 21:15:41 Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> > So unlike Anne's experience, I find kmail to be very robust moving
> > huge chunks around.
> >
> Note that I did say that in the past I had found it necessary to limit the
> number.

I probably should have said `Unlike Anne's _past_ experience' .... ;)

> I don't know whether hardware is relevant to this, but in case it
> is, the hardware I'm using is far from state-of-the-art.

The hardware would only make things go faster.  If there's a bug
(e.g. a race condition), it might be tickled with slower hardware.

My previous machine wasn't super fast but it wasn't a slouch either:
P4 3.0 GHz.  There is no doubt while performing such tasks, a heavy
amount of I/O is generated.  Of course, CPU is needed to drive the
I/O.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)