[kdepim-users] kmail downloads sent mails also from gmail

Gary C Curtin gary.curtin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:03:26 BST 2009

On Tuesday 06 October 2009 3:50:53 max payne wrote:
> hmmm... didnt think it this way. I thought it was some kind of bug.
> Anyways, thanks a lot for the explanation.

An explanation as to why mail sent from the webmail interface will appear in
your KMail Inbox:

Firstly, the email database on GMail stores texts in the All Mail folder, both
sent and received mail. When you use the webmail interface to view the Inbox,
you are in fact viewing a filtered version of the All Mail folder. The Inbox
and Sent folders don't really exist.

Secondly, when you connect to GMail using POP, you are also accessing the All
Mail folder, and will receive all texts flagged as new since your last POP
login - both received and sent mail. That also explains why received mail you
have read in the webmail interface shows up as new mail in KMail Inbox.

Gary