[kdepim-users] Goodbye

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sat Nov 14 15:58:49 GMT 2009

On Saturday 14 November 2009 10:11:40 Werner Joss wrote:
> seems it's time for me to leave now (at least w.regard to kde4), anyone
> interested in why, can find some thougths here:
> http://www.hoernerfranzracing.de/php/wordpress/?p=124

Interesting.  I shunned KDE 4 until the current 4.3, which I find I am
starting to like.  I am running it on newer hardware than you are, but it
actually seems faster than KDE 3.5 was on this hardware.  Perhaps it is tuned
to the newer dual core systems in ways that KDE 3.5 was not.

The beauty of rapid updates in open source software seems to have a downside
in this regard.  One can take a computer built for win XP and use it with that
OS for years.  While possible with Linux, the push is for frequent upgrades.
While most Linux upgrades are much more resource efficient compared to their
proprietary counterparts.  There are limits to this efficiency.

--
Art Alexion