[kdepim-users] Start akonadi server automatically?

Johann Rohwer jr at sun.ac.za
Mon Nov 23 10:53:21 GMT 2009

Is there a setting to specify that the akonadi server is started
automatically upon login? Currently I'm starting it via a desktop file
in ~/.kde4/Autostart which calls akonadictl start.

This however seems cumbersome but I haven't found a direct
switch/setting to enable it. Running KDE 4.3.2 on Linux x86_64
(Mandriva 2010.0).

(On a previous installation on another PC running KDE 4.2.2 akonadi
did start automatically on login. I did however not migrate that
~/.kde4 user tree to this computer, but started fresh. Did something
change form 4.2.2 to 4.3.2?)

Johann