[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] Importing vCard in KOrganizer

Jurian Sluiman subscribe at juriansluiman.nl
Wed Nov 11 18:25:02 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 10 Nov 2009 15:55:42 Jurian Sluiman wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 Nov 2009 15:23:27 Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > Oops, sorry. I have been subscribed more than a year ago and forgot
> > > that completely!  Hereby I do a repost for kdepim-users.
> > >
> > > About your suggestion, I have a backup of my complete home directory
> > > (including .kde, but also e.g. .local/share/akonadi if that might be
> > > important).
> > >
> > > Don't you mean the std.ics instead of std.vcf (because the latter is
> > > for Kaddressbook, where importing worked fine)?
> >
> > You are correct - I had just come in, and only partly tuned the brain in
> >
> >  :-)
> > >
> > > Looking at std.ics, it's full
> > >  of my appointments. I have copied the file again, but it didn't solve
> > > the problem. It's really strange because the vCal is filled, the
> > > "Default Calendar" resource points towards that file, but Korganizer is
> > > still completely empty (except for the birthdays and some special
> > > dates).
> >
> > If you have a std.ics that should be availabe as long as the calendar is
> >  told that it is the Default Calendar.  OTOH, if akonadi has created a
> >  resource for you then you would also need to find and copy over the
> > mysql database.  Since I don't have that yet I can't point you to it.
> > Sorry
> >
> > Anne
>
> That's exactly the problem:
> * Korganizer has a default calendar ("Default Calendar")
> * The calendar is "local file resource" pointing to
> /home/jurian/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.cs and is in the vCalendar
>  format * The file (^^) exists and is like the one I attached with the
>
> Conclusion: /me doesn't see a thing :p
>
> If using Akonadi is a possible option, I can change towards Akonadi. But
>  even a normal file isn't working so I have my doubts about it.
>
> Regards, Jurian

Ok, I finally solved the problem! How? Copy/paste each event. I selected 10
events from the old vCal file and pasted them into the std.ics. Started
KOrganizer and they were there. Then I did the next 10 or something (just to
make sure nothing went wrong in the mean time).

I noticed quite some differences between the files. Mostly because one is at
"VERSION: 1.0", the other has version 2.0. I think that caused the problems
and KOrganizer fails to convert an old version of a vCalendar file into a newer
version (am I right?).

A pity it costs me hours to copy all the events, but I'm glad I finally have a
working calendar system. If this is a new discovered bug, I'm available to
help finding the  cause.

Regards, Jurian