[kdepim-users] attachments in KMail

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Nov 11 19:36:57 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 11 November 2009 01:17:53 pm Louis Hinman wrote:
> I installed Open Office 3.1, which opens MS Word documents as expected.
>
> However, I get the same problem with trying to open Word documents that
>  are  attached to emails.
>
> If I right-click on attachment.doc, and select "Open With...", Open Office
> Write is listed under "Known Applications".  However, if I select Open
>  Office  Write it opens a blank page.  This is the same behavior I get with
>  KWord!

Is this an IMAP server?  If so, the following may solve your problem.

The problem is that attachments are often not downloaded when simply viewing
the message in the preview pane.

Double click the message in the message list to open it in a separate window.
The process of opening it in a separate window serves to completely download
the attachment.  Now from the message in the separate window, try to open the
document in your word processor.

--
Art Alexion