[kdepim-users] Moving messages - restriction

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue May 19 20:50:30 BST 2009

On Tuesday 19 May 2009, Peter wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 May 2009 22:07:10 you wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 May 2009 12:35:25 Peter wrote:
> > > Tried to move several messages, and the folder heirarchy was such
> > > that I was unable to move the messages.
> > >
> > > I selected the messages to be moved, then the 'move to', selected
> > > the folder, and then searched through the sub-folders, for the
> > > destination (sub) folder.
> > >
> > > But, I could not see it, there were 4 columns showing, and the
> > > (sub) folder I wanted to move the messages to, couldn't be seen.
> > > I tried the mouse, the right arrow, etc, but could not see more
> > > than 4 columns of sub-folders.
> > >
> > > Any workaround for this please ?
> >
> > Temporarily widen the folder list by dragging the divider between
> > it and message preview pane (hover until you can see <-||->) then
> > drag the selected messages to the new folder.
>
> Thanks, that worked perfectly. Didn't know I could do that, and it
> sure is easier, than 'select, right mouse button, find the folder,
> then click on the folder'. I like the drag function.

Another largely unknown possibility for moving messages to another
folder is to press 'm'. This will open a nice dialog where you can
select the target folder. If you type something in the dialog, then
only those folders matching what you have typed (and there parent
folders) will be shown.

'm' has two siblings: 'c' to copy messages to a folder and 'j' to
quickly jump to another folder without using the mouse.