[kdepim-users] problems with gmail imap

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Wed May 6 17:41:38 BST 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009 11:24, Art Alexion wrote:
> Gmail IMAP has a pseudo folder called [Gmail] that doesn't contain
> any mail, but contains some default subfolders.  Previous versions of
> kmail were OK with this, but 1.11.2 constantly complains as follows:
>
> Error while getting folder information.
> Could Not Determine Resource Status
> An attempt to determine information about the status of the resource
> Unable to get information about folder [Gmail]. The server replied:
> Invalid folder: [Gmail] (Failure), such as the resource name, type,
> size, etc., was unsuccessful.
> Technical reason: Could Not Stat Resource
>
> This pops us every time kmail tries to check for new mail.  As I have
> 3 accounts, the problem is tripled.
>
> Is this an upstream problem or kubuntu-specific?
>
> I'd like to report it in the right place.

I doubt that I can help much -- but perhaps I can offer a helpful
observation.  It seems to me that there is either a basic confusion as
to whether you are using Gmail or Kmail or else you have a
remarkably "complicated" environment that I am still incompetent to
understand!  Perhaps a part of your solution will be a clarification of
what client you are actually using.

--
布鲁&#26031  麦克阿&#29791
Bruce   Mac Arthur