[kdepim-users] Undeletable incoming message in Kmail (KDE3)

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Thu May 21 12:47:24 BST 2009

On Thursday 21 May 2009 06:25, Stan Goodman wrote:
> Yesterday a message arrive, and appears in the inbox showing the
> correct date, but it is stored at the very bottom of the Order of
> Arrival column, as it is older than messages that arrived months ago.
> It is shown with an empty body; View > Headers > All headers also
> shows no headers, but the Message List window knows its Subject,
> Sender, Receiver, and date/time of arrival. I have found no way to
> delete it: an attempt to do so causes a strikeout line to appear
> through it, but the message remains in the message list; after a
> time, the strikeout is gone, and the message itself continues to be
> displayed in the list as before (as Unread).
>
> How can I remove this ghost?

Hello, Stan --
Am I correct -- or in error -- to assume that this is an HTML message?
Especially if it IS an HTML message, what happens when you attempt
to "View Source"?  The first relevant thing that I would expect to
appear is that the foreground (text) color and the background ("paper")
color have been forced to be the same, but this "might" be conditional.
Also, what more can you tell us concerning your environment -- the
version of KDE and of KMail that you are using and any applicable
filters, rules, dispositions, etc.?

--
布鲁&#26031  麦克阿&#29791
Bruce   Mac Arthur