[kdepim-users] View but not send html was: KDE4 / Korganizer

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu May 28 07:20:17 BST 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 23:19:38 Shawn - Red Mop wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 May 2009 03:55:26 pm Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 May 2009, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > Shawn, off list. I hate to be a jerk or list-police, but could you
> > > please refrain from posting HTML to the list? Thanks!
> >
> > Shawn might not have done so intentionally. Unfortunately, KMail did
> > send messages as HTML even if the user did not request this explicitly.
> > IIRC this has been fixed recently.
> >
> > So the next time someone sends a HTML message to this list just inform
> > him/her politely about this without implying that he/she did so
> > intentionally.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Ingo
>
> I didn't mean too.

<sigh> You're not the first to be caught out, so don't worry about it - just
keep an eye on it.

> I thought I had it set to not use HTML while allowing
> me to view HTML.  Is there a way to do this in 4.2.3?
>
> Just to reiterate, I want KMail to show me html when it's in the message,
> not not send html unless I do something that needs it.

Yes, easy.  They are two separate settings.  Bear in mind the security risk,
though, and make provision.  I have a separate folder to which I direct mail
from specific addresses that I trust.  That way, junk html is still not
displayed.  From the Folder (top menu bar), while the required folder is
highlighted, I set 'Prefer HTML'.  The outgoing mail option is set from a
composer window, Options.

Anne