[kdepim-users] To which calendar does an event belong?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon May 18 10:44:30 BST 2009

On Sunday, 2009-05-17, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> On Sunday 17 May 2009, Guido Pinkernell wrote:

> > I don't know how to tell akonadi to write all newly added data into
> > your calendar files. You might be in danger of losing it, as it was
> > the case here. Someone else might be able to tell you.
>
> If one's local calendars were converted to Akonadi bridge resources then
> one can revert this by removing the calendars from KOrganizer and then
> re-adding them as normal "Calendar in local file".
>
> Kevin might give you more details. I suggest to search the archive of
> this list and of kde-pim for related messages written by Kevin Krammer
> if you want to know more. Alternatively, check out his blog
> (http://www.kdedevelopers.org/blog/83).

The KDE 4.2 series plugin basically has one "store" folder which the user can
configure in the resource's configuration dialog.

Since this wasn't flexibel enough, e.g. user's wanting to have a different
storage location for events and todos, and in an Akonadi-only setup different
from the behavior of an old-style setup (i.e. user being asked where to put a
newly created entry), I reworked that for 4.3

In 4.3 selection of default storage folders will be optional.
It will basically be like this:
- if there is only one Akonadi folder for calendar entries, it will be used
without any user intervention needed.

- if there are more and there is no configuration, the user will be asked to
select one when adding an entry

- if there is a "default folder" configuration for the respective entry type
(e.g. event, todo, journal), it again will be used without user intervention

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring