[kdepim-users] kmailrc > 35MB

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed May 20 21:24:28 BST 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009 21:01:40 Frank Thieme wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 May 2009 17:39:15 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > You filed that report 2 weeks ago, and filed the solution today.  Nobody
> > cares? You mean they didn't drop whatever they were doing and jump?  Be
> > reasonable. 2 weeks is not very long.
>
> Sorry, but as it is not a cosmetical issue or a minor bug I would have
> suspected any feedback/questions or something. Its still there, waiting to
> be at least confirmed.
>
> Thats why I said nobody cared.
>
> And it is very long, when I count the number of crashes since I filed the
> bug... ;)

You have to remember that if it has not been reported by anyone else it can't
be a confirmed bug.  I wonder if the method for renaming has any bearing on
this.  Can you explain *exactly* what you did to rename the folder?

I also felt confused by the original message.  You said that kmailrc was 35MB,
and if I understood it correctly the problem was one large line relating to a
folder renamed.  Did you try backing up kmailrc and editing that line out?

It's difficult for the very small dev team to tackle a problem unless you can
give them lots of specifics.  If we can, on this list, get it a bit more tied
down you can add to the bug report and may get more response, though you will
have to accept that very little dev time is being spent on kde-pim in its
current form, as they try to get the new one ready for release.

Anne