[kdepim-users] Undeletable incoming message in Kmail (KDE3)

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Fri May 22 13:17:51 BST 2009

At 14:42:18 on Friday Friday 22 May 2009, Anne Wilson
<cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 21 May 2009 13:43:57 Vitor M. Pereira wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 May 2009 08:04:38 Stan Goodman wrote:
> > > There must be some mistake however. Right-clicking the inbox folder
> > > in the folder-list window does not offer an option "Rebuild Index".
> > > Now I have a second question -- Why doesn't it?
> >
> > It is under "Troubleshoot IMAP cache".
>
> Vitor, I have a fully updated kde-fedora install, with kmail 1.11.3 and
> I can't find it either.  Where exactly is this "Troubleshoot IMAP
> cache"?
>
> Anne

My understanding from previous posts in this thread is that those things
are innovations for KDE4, and that the developers of KDE3 and the
corresponding versions of Kmail never considered e.g. a possible need to
reindex mail folders. It's been implied that, even now, reindexing is
available only for the inbox folder (and for other default folders?) and
not for user-added folders.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on