[kdepim-users] problems with gmail imap

Art Alexion arthur at alexion.com
Wed May 6 17:19:32 BST 2009

Gmail IMAP has a pseudo folder called [Gmail] that doesn't contain any
mail, but contains some default subfolders.  Previous versions of kmail
were OK with this, but 1.11.2 constantly complains as follows:

Error while getting folder information.
Could Not Determine Resource Status
An attempt to determine information about the status of the resource
Unable to get information about folder [Gmail]. The server replied:
Invalid folder: [Gmail] (Failure), such as the resource name, type, size,
etc., was unsuccessful.
Technical reason: Could Not Stat Resource

This pops us every time kmail tries to check for new mail.  As I have 3
accounts, the problem is tripled.

Is this an upstream problem or kubuntu-specific?

I'd like to report it in the right place.