[kdepim-users] Customize shown number of unread messages

Sebastian Schubert schubert.seb at googlemail.com
Thu May 21 20:11:33 BST 2009

On Monday 18 May 2009 15:18:13 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Monday 18 May 2009 10:52:04 Sebastian Schubert wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a way to customize the shown number of unread messages in
> > the task bar? Since I am subscripted to a lot of mailing lists and
> > I receive a lot of spam, I have virtually always unread emails. And
> > since I don't care whether these are 83 or 84, I would like to only
> > see eg the sum of unread emails in my INBOXes.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Sebastian
>
> Just right click on the folders where you don't want notifications,
> select "Properties" and deselect "Act on new/unread mail".

Thanks for the hint. In principle, this works, although when one enters
a folder which includes unread mails and which does NOT act on
new/unread mail and clicks on an unread email, these unread mails are
added to the number in the task bar. After clicking on the task bar
sign, the number is back to what it is supposed to be.

For me this seems like a bug. Do you agree?

Thanks
Sebastian