[kdepim-users] digest: how to install kpilot 3.5 in intrepid

paai J.J.Paijmans at uvt.nl
Tue Mar 10 09:55:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I installed the hardy kpilot on intrepid, thanks to George. Here is the
complete  howto.

You need  the following packages:

kpilot_3.5.10-0ubuntu1~hardy3.1_i386.deb
libbluetooth2_3.29-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
libkcal2b_3.5.10-0ubuntu1~hardy3.1_i386.deb
libkdepim1a_3.5.10-0ubuntu1~hardy3.1_i386.deb
libkmime2_3.5.9-0ubuntu3_i386.deb
libktnef1_3.5.9-0ubuntu3_i386.deb

find them at : https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/i386/ (or amd64)

libkcal2b and libkdepim1a have a circular dependency problem. I solved
it by adding the option '--force all' to dpkg for libkdepim1a.

Starting kpilot, there are still error messages about qt3.
'QSettings: failed to open file '/etc/qt3/qt_plugins_3.3rc'
I ignored them.

Phew! I can sync all my data again, and also easily copy the datafiles
between computers. This is important for several reasons: it keeps the
stuff recent, even if I am not physically present to plug in the Treo,
and more important, the Treo does not copy the journal entries in the
korganizer file.

George (thank you again for your help) also mentioned that he 'pinned'
kpilot on version 3.5. Does this prevent overwriting the hardy pilot?
How do I do that?

And one last question: the Treo (and Jpilot) have  the keyring
application, that keeps passwords and other stuff in an encrypted file.
Is there a KDE keyring that works under hardy?

paai

--
Dr. J.J. Paijmans
Tilburg University: Dept. of Linguistics & AI              013-4662693