[kdepim-users] Connection timeouts - sending

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 16 03:33:19 GMT 2009

On Sunday 15 March 2009 00:40:46 (``-_-´´) -- BUGabundo wrote:
> Olá Peter e a todos.
>
> On Friday 13 March 2009 09:08:08 Peter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Any clues on this please ?
> >
> > Peter
> >
> > On Thursday 12 March 2009 20:44:03 Peter wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Have had this message quite a bit recently ..
> > >
> > > =======
> > > Sending failed:
> > > The message content was not accepted. The server responded: "Connection
> > > timeout, try later" This is a temporary failure. You may try again
> > > later. The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either
> > > fix the problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the
> > > 'outbox' folder. ============
> > >
> > > Now, I know this is a server problem, not a KMail one, but how do I set
> > > the timeout in KMail please ?  I obviously need to make it much higher.
>
> Based on my experience this is many times on and incorrect account for
> sending emails. But if you are sure this is a server related thing, the
> only way I see it, is, well, wait and try latter!

Hi BUGabundo,,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, eventually I was able to get the emails, but it
happens often, and a simple KMail setting on SMTP (and POP3) connections, for
the timeout, would solve the issue.

Most email clients have this by default, you are able to set the timeout
period.

Possibly this needs to go as a feature request ?

Peter