[kdepim-users] Akonadi problem

paai J.J.Paijmans at uvt.nl
Sat Mar 7 09:44:04 GMT 2009

George Bourozikas wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 13:48 +1300, Fran wrote:
>
>> I can only sync my Palm successfully if I first stop then start Akonadi.
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Fran
>> :):):)
>>

> Hi Fran,
>
> I have not been able to sync my Palm (Treo 650) since the introduction
> of Akonadi.  I tried killing/restarting Akonadi to no effect.  Can you
> please describe the sequence you follow that seems to work for you?

After *a lot* of trying I got the Treo 650 to sync Calendar, Memos and
Todos. It still crashes on Contacts.

In my view, forcing Akonadi on kdepim was a major mistake. Syncing your
PDA on Linux is one of its weakest spots, regardless of brand and make,
and messing up the only PDA that really worked is just plain stupid.

--
Dr. J.J. Paijmans
Tilburg University: Dept. of Linguistics & AI              013-4662693