[kdepim-users] Kmail - Open Attachment asks every time

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Mar 8 11:41:31 GMT 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009, ka1ifq wrote:
> 	Not sure why this happens but every time I try to open an attachment
> I get the pop-up asking me to pick the app to open with, I pick and
> save, it updates the database. If I try and open the same attachment
> again I get the same thing.Do I need to reset or clear the database??
> Where is the file stored?? Did some looking but nothing yet.

The information what application to use for what files is stored in
the "mimetype database". In KDE 3.5 it could be editted on the File
Associations page of the KDE Control Center. I'm not sure what the
equivalent on KDE 4 is.

BTW, you seem to be using KMail 1.9.51 (a very early version of KMail
running on KDE 4) on KDE 4.0.4. I suggest you update to KDE 4.2 or to
the latest KDE 4.1.x. Maybe the problem you are seeing has been fixed
in the months since KDE 4.0.4 was released.