[kdepim-users] Kmail - Open Attachment asks every time

ka1ifq ka1ifq at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 9 15:01:50 GMT 2009

On Monday 09 March 2009 03:54:19 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 09 March 2009 02:44:37 ka1ifq wrote:
> > On Sunday 08 March 2009 21:25:37 ka1ifq wrote:
> > > OK, I updated. KMail Version 1.11.1
> > > Using KDE 4.2.1 (KDE 4.2.1) "release 103"
> > >
> > > I did not check the attachment thing yet but, how do you get rid of the
> > > pop-up box thing??
>
> If you mean the tooltip, check out
> http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips - tip no. 13.

That was it, fixed now.

> > > How do you get rid of the date thing on the message list
> > > pane?? I like the way the old one looked....
> >
> > I got this fixed...
>
> By using the aggregation button. I assume?

Yes again, took me a bit to figure out what settings I wanted, I thought
picking 'classic' would set it back to the way it was in my last version.

> > > I checked what Anne mentioned and everything points correctly, the file
> > > is a .pps and it points to openoffice impress which is correct but it
> > > still asks every time..
>
> Do you have other options set for opening the presentation?
Ok, I did go into Personal Settings, Advanced, File associations, Searched on
.pps. Under application I have 3 that use *.pps
 vnd.ms-powerpoint.slideshow.macroEnabled.12
 vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slideshow
 vnd.ms-powerpoint

These all point to OpenOffice.org Impress.

I believe it is pointing correctly because if I pick from the list when I try
to open the file, it does open that time.

I appreciate your help..