[kdepim-users] kmail keeps using wrong account for sending

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:45:58 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 12:34:40 Frank Thieme wrote:
> On Monday 09 March 2009 20:32:37 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Having said that, you don't actually need to have two sending accounts.
> > You can opt to send everything through your ISP's server, using your
> > gmail identity as well as the other one.  This is the simple way, and
> > will just work.
>
> You can run into problems with that. e.g. GMX has a option to mark
> everything as spam what is not sent over others mail providers mailhost.
>
> So if you send a gmail message on your own, then GMX will just mark it as
> spam because it is not transmitted over an official gmail SMTP server...

As I said earlier, anti-relay precautions are usually in place on ISP's
servers.  However, may be some ISP's show more intelligence than others?  All
I know is that my ISP happily accepts my messages with a gmail identity.
OTOH, I am sending those messages from an IP that it knows is its account.  It
would not work if I tried to do that from an Internet hotspot.

Anne