[kdepim-users] Cumulative problem?

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sun Mar 22 16:43:42 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 February 2009 21:26:26 Anne Wilson wrote:

> > I updated kdelibs once again (still 4.2 branch) and looks like most
> > problems vanished.  Yesterday it was tragic, epic fail. Today there is
> > still freezing of interface after entering URL in location bar but the
> > rest of "web experience" is much better.  Also sending (or downloading)
> > mail from KMail seems smoother.
>
> Thanks.  I'll look forward to seeing that come through, then.

No good news. :/ After one month of playing with various versions (finally
landed in Qt4.5 and KDE trunk - amazing speed!) I ditched Konqueror for Opera.

Browsing is completely unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes opening of
one page takes half an hour. I need reliability. Looks like problems with
kio_http or DNS handling. Mysterious is that all other parts of system and
even KDE applications are working very good. I always had problems with
downloading of big number of e-mails with KMail - now I got over 1000 mails
almost immediately. So this is solely Konqueror or some kdelibs problem.

m.