[kdepim-users] Loss of resource view

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Mar 11 22:12:58 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 11 March 2009, Richard A. Smith wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 March 2009, Richard A. Smith wrote:
> >> I'm attempting to install the googledata resource from playground and I
> >> seem to have lost my resource view.
> >>
> >> No resources are show in and toggling the Settings->Sidebar->Show
> >> Resource View has no effect.
> >>
> >> Ideas?
> >
> > Maybe one of the splitters separating it from other views has collapsed
> > into the next one, effectively minimizing it to zero height/width.
>
> Thanks. Indeed. That was exactly the problem.  This is my first attempt
> to use korganizer and I didn't see that there was a splitter there.
>
> Ok now I have a resource list but I don't see googledata as an option
> when I go to add.  Is there something more to do other than copy the
> files into place?

The problem is that this is a different kind of resource.
Basically there are two things that are call resources (and also similar in
what the do):

- KResource plugins, i.e. modules for KDE PIM applications to access data from
different locations

- Akonadi resources, i.e. helper processes for Akonadi so it can access data
from different locations

The applications currently only support the first ones and are only slowly
moving towards using Akonadi.

There is a kind of adapter available, a KResource plugin called "Akonadi",
which will allow to indirectly access data provided by Akonadi resources.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring