[kdepim-users] Not working, Link from Kmail -> Konqoerror

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Sat Jun 6 03:44:30 BST 2009

On Friday 05 June 2009 15:42, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 05 June 2009, Bruce MacArthur wrote:

> > > Maybe there are some old desktop files in ~/.kde/share/applnk or
> > > in ~/.local/share/applications.
> >
> > Thank you, Ingo.  Could you tell us how to distinguish "old"
> > from "proper" in either folder (or in both!)?
>
> Check the time stamp. ;-)
>
> More serious, open the desktop files in an editor and check the Exec=
> line. Look for desktop files having "kfmclient" in the Exec line. For
> example, kfmclient_html.desktop has the line
>
>   Exec=kfmclient openURL %u text/html
>
> This means URLs pointing to HTML files will be opened with the
> command "kfmclient openURL %u text/html" where the %u is replaced by
> the URL of the HTML file. (HTML files might be opened with a
> different command if there is another desktop file for HTML files
> with a higher priority.)
>
> If the Exec line contains a %f then KDE will download the file to a
> temporary file and pass the filename of the temporary file to the
> application. So look for Exec lines containing "kfmclient" and %f.
>
> Instead of looking at files you can also open the File Assocations
> settings dialog (in kcontrol). Enter html in the "filename pattern"
> field and then have a look at the applications for text/html. Select
> Konqueror, press Edit, select the Application page in the properties
> dialog and have a look at the Command field. It contains the value of
> the Exec line.
>

> What happens if you run
>   kfmclient exec http://home.att.net/~hideaway_today/t133/noah.htm
> in Konsole?

To answer your question (as I should have done previously!) -- Konqueror
opens, displaying "Noah Today".  This is a REALLY COOL thing that I
have previously seen via E-Mail hyper-link.  The Konqueror Address Bar
reads as follows -- "/var/tmp/kdecache-bruce/krun/6716.0.noah.htm".
The beautiful photos do NOT appear.  The "Non Microsoft Browsers" link
is useless (pointing back to "/var/tmp/...").  Interestingly enough,
the link to "Hideaway Fun Pages" DOES work!!!

By the way, "Noah looked up in wonder and asked, 'You mean you're not
going to destroy the world?' 'No,' said the Lord. 'The GOVERNMENT beat
me to it.'"

What is un-stated -- and yet VERY real -- is that the government
continues to claim that this destruction is "developmental
improvements"!!!  Therefore, when a government crook DARES to speak the
word "development" or the word "improvement" to me -- I caution him/her
to at least use our language properly, and call "destruction" by its
proper name.  They do NOT like it, but they have no way around me!!!!!

--
布鲁&#26031  麦克阿&#29791
Bruce   Mac Arthur
     bmacasuru at fastmail.us