[kdepim-users] Looking for feedback on KOrganizer event editing tools

Dj YB yehielb at mail.ru
Tue Jun 23 21:21:59 BST 2009

On Sunday 21 June 2009 19:50:11 Erin Zolkosky wrote:
> Greetings -
>
> I'm working on a project to improve the editing tools for adding
> appointments, TODO entries, and journal items in KOrganizer. If you
> have experiences and ideas to share we're looking for user input,
> specifically regarding these questions:
>
> - which of these tools do you use and how do you use them?
> - what problems do you have with them?
> - how could they be improved?
>
> Thanks for your attention -
>
> Erin

hello,
I am using most of the time with the calendar and to-do list for tasks
management and events.
greatest problem I can see for now is customization,
for example in the to-do list, many of my assignments can be 100% done but not
submitted, so I needed the ability to add custom fields (for status).
or in the calendar, I need to see the location of an event without entering
it, perhaps other customization is needed to different views.
perhaps even background images or patterns instead of just colors, I have like
30 categories and I can't tell the difference between some.
another thing which I don't know if related but I'll try anyway, is some tool
to parse email messages like the one there is already built in for events sent
by korganizer, just for any type of message, something like a parser wizard
for the not so smart users who don't know too much about programing but
receive events notifications in various sources each in his own pattern.

 all in all I think a more flexible ui is needed.

wow that got long...
thanks for your work
YB