[kdepim-users] Get the mail plaintext source, edit and post?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Jun 6 11:45:43 BST 2009

On Saturday 06 June 2009, Kārlis Repsons wrote:
> I would like to see how one changed symbol of mail signature changes
> the validity, but how can I access the raw content in plaintext and
> send back the same way (after I modify it) with kmail? Thanks...

You'd like to see how changing the signed content of a signed message
breaks the validity of the signature. The easiest way to do this is to
edit the message with an editor. I suggest the following approach:
- Copy the message to Local Folders/drafts.
- Start Konqueror or Dolphin and navigate to
    ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/drafts/cur
- Open the newest file in the above folder with the editor of your
choice (e.g. kwrite), make some changes and save the file.
- Now select the drafts folder in KMail and look at the message you
tampered with.