[kdepim-users] Share kaddressbook between two PCs at different places

Sebastian Schubert schubert.seb at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 06:30:28 BST 2009

Hi Ingo,

On Monday 08 June 2009, 22:44:47, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > I just tried this as well. Got the same problem. However, using
> > Kolab works AFAICS.
>
> You got this to work with GMail? AFAIK, so far nobody succeeded with
> using a GMail account for sharing the address book. If you did indeed
> succeed, then please tell us how you did it.

The procedure was quite straight forward.

1) Create

Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks, Journal

as subfolders of INBOX (otherwise KMail will create the first folder and
then crashes)

2) Activate Groupware features and select GMail account. KMail will say
that it will use the folders you've just created.

3) Add addressbook using IMAP in KMail in kaddressbook.

I sucessfully copied my contacts to the new addressbook.

BUT, after changing one entry in one contact, the contact was DELETED! I
was not able to find it anymore. I used stuff from 4.2.4.

I will check with 3.5.10 today.

Sebastian