[kdepim-users] Disable KMail auto-start

MartinG gronslet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 13:26:10 BST 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Kevin Krammer<kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
> My guess would be that in your case it is the contacts plugin of KRunner,
> because KRunner even starts in an empty session.
> If you don't need contact search in KRunner, you can disable this plugin.

Thank you for this tip! I use IMAP for mail, calendar and addressbook
in Kontact, and had the contact search plugin enabled in krunner (ie.
that Alt-F2 thingy). After I disabled it, logged out and in again,
KMail no longer autostarts (unless I leave it running on logout).

This has been bugging me for a really long time (since F10 I think),
but is now finally solved :). Thanks!

If this works for you too Sebastian, I suggest you add [SOLVED] to the
subject and reply, so others will find this solution too :)

-MartinG