[kdepim-users] [SOLVED] Disable KMail auto-start

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Jul 9 10:33:03 BST 2009

On Thursday, 2009-07-09, Thomas Olsen wrote:

> I have the the same problem and it doesn't really solve it for me. I have
> my Contacts on an dIMAP account (GMail) and have disabled the Contacts
> plugin in KRunner but kmail still starts up after login.
> There's a thread over at
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2009- July/044780.html
> describing it.
> Now I'm going to try to disable that account just to check if thats the
> problem but it doesn't really solve it for me.

It does not solve the problem but it helps to track down the cause.
If disabling/removing the IMAP based addressbook resource helps, it is causing
the startup, which means something is accessing the addressbook at session
start.

Usually this is just the contacts runner, but it could be some desktop widget,
etc.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring