[kdepim-users] 20090723KP -- Copying KMail

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Fri Jul 24 18:37:41 BST 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009 03:44, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 24 Jul 2009 06:49:03 Bruce MacArthur wrote:
> > At first, I was in "/home/bruce/", which means that
> > "/.kde/share..." was immediately visible.
>
> Hi, Bruce.  I haven't been following too closely as others are
> helping you, but this caught my eye.
>
> Be careful.  /.kde/share means that it looks for .kde under / - not
> what you intended I think.  You probably need either ~/.kde/share,
> or, since you are already, just .kde/share should find it.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Anne

The fully-qualified path-name is --
/home/bruce/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail.

I was in /home/bruce.
That means that I could see the folder /.kde -- which had the remainder
of the path logically "under" it.

Am I confused myself, or did my poor choice of wording confuse those who
know what is going on?

--
布鲁&#26031  麦克阿&#29791
Bruce   Mac Arthur