[kdepim-users] Usefulness of enterprise headers

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 29 19:48:22 GMT 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 10:30:18 Frank Thieme wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just switched to KDE 4.2 and wonder what those enterprise headers are in
> favor to the fancy headers?
>
> Just eye candy? Or are they useful for something?

I have to admit, I've wondered the same.  And since you can't click on From or
To to create new mail, they're not as useful.  OTOH, not only do they look
pretty, but it may be that in some circumstances you would not want users to
be able to take shortcuts like that.  Dunno.

> I mean they look fresh. IMHO they would be somewhat cool, when the letter
> would symbolize the MUA the other side used, like Thunderbird[1].
>
> I think the rendering is broken, too, see attachment.
> I'm using  kmail 1.11.0, KDE 4.2.00 on archlinux
>
> Bye...Frank

I don't know what's happened to your rendering.  It's fine on mine.

Anne